Andy Loore

Andy Loore : Water Show
Montparnasse 2000 : MP 55 (France, 1970's)
NOTE : THIS ALBUM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS A DOWNLOAD
Not everybody knows this, but Andy Loore is a pseudonym for French library composer and musician Janko Nilovic. In fact, Nilovic was Yugoslavian - I'm not sure he ever became French - but he worked out of Paris and released many albums on the legendary Montparnasse 2000 library label. Many of his albums contain some of the best jazz and pop sounds to come out of France in the late 60s and 70s. Fortunately, several of his rarest albums have been reissued on CD, but not so this LP.
Still, Water Show is relatively cheap - either because it's not released under his own name or because the sounds are too easy. Either way, I think this could be the perfect soundtrack for a smooth summer afternoon at the beach.
Tracks:
Aventures Aquatiques
Water Show
A Toute Allure
Ecole De Voile
Tremplin Olympique
Boat Song
Blue Devils
Le Monde Sous-Marin
Cascades et Canoes
Fish Story
Figures Nage-Libre
Slalom Pour Ski-Nautique


5 Comments:
Janko Nilovic have opted for the french nationality in 1973, this is what the liner notes of the Pulp Flavor reissue of his "Soul impressions" lp told us.
Once again my friend, you share a rare artifact from french groovy counter-cultural past and i thank you for that (i know, using the term "counter-culture" associated with library records is in itself a kind of oxymoron).
Belgium is a small country where some great men with real good taste live...
Thanks, Oops - I figured he was French but didn't have the "hard facts" at hand.
Those interested to know more about Janko should not miss http://www.cosmicsounds-london.com/Janko/Nilovic.html
This is a great LP from Nilovic - I have this one on vinyl too. I think it's highly underrated - perhaps it's new found exposure due to Space Debris' hosting of the mp3s will make more people aware of this work.
I've had a soft spot for Janko since I discovered library and related music. As usual Kristof a great choice and not one a lot of people would have. I certainly didn't have it. Keep up the good work.
Ron M
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home